Saturday, May 21, 2011

Californians paying way too much for class

First-time California notary public applicants need a 6 hours class. One college is offering the class for $75. Somebody told me they paid $130 elsewhere.

Hey, folks--a little surfing here. I've seen the class offered for thirty bucks online, approved by the Secretary of State.

Wisconsin's governor is proposing moving responsibility for notaries public away from the Secretary of State. In 78% of the states, the Secretary of State is responsible for the notary public.

Update: Effective July 1, 2011, the Department of Financial Institutions is in charge of Wisconsin's notaries public.



Image courtesy of Ambro

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. burbank notary

    ReplyDelete